We are looking for a bright, energetic and ambitious person, who shares our passion for biodynamic and organic food and farming to take up the challenge to drive Demeter UK & BDA Certification forwards, and lead a small dedicated team of certification professionals to successfully grow the business post-Brexit.
We are a small, friendly, hands-on organisation and place a high priority on professional expertise, personal service, and building long-lasting relationships with our licensees. Our successful candidate will relish the complexities of certification, be caring, person-centred, innovative in thought, practical in deed, and demonstrate proven leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
Demeter UK and BDA Certification are unique among the UK’s certifying bodies in offering both organic and Demeter (biodynamic) certification services. The certification manager will be fully responsible for both, reporting directly to the board.
Experience in organic certification, knowledge of Quality Assurance Systems and relevant EU Organic, UK and Demeter International Regulations and Standards is essential, as well as managerial experience appropriate to a small team of office-based staff and inspectors who work remotely. In addition, the successful candidate will have: –
- A degree in a relevant field
- IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, and experience of databases (ideally Filemaker Pro), website management (WordPress)
- Financial skills required to formulate and oversee the budgets of the BDA Certification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working understanding of employment law
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Willingness to travel
- A sense of humour!
- To oversee and monitor all aspects of the certification business, and ensure that operating systems are implemented and effective, with special regard to quality management.
- Executive responsibility for production (farming and growing) technical advice and non-compliance issues.
- Executive responsibility for continual improvement and development of the Certification Programmes, playing an active role in developing standards and representing BDA Certification and Demeter UK in relevant external committeesand working groups.
- Executive responsibility for the induction and management of all Demeter UK & Ireland and BDA Certification staff. Provide and/or organise training for all certification staff, members of the Certification Board and Standards Committee.
- Oversee the work of all staff. Carry out annual staff work reviews and provide on-going feedback, support and management.
- Executive responsibility for finance and budget.
- Work with marketing / business executive to help develop and implement business strategy.
Location: Our office is based in Stroud, Gloucestershire. The successful candidate could be home-based, but will be expected to spend two days minimum in the office, attend external meetings in the UK, and also attend Demeter International meetings abroad.
Salary: £29 – £32k depending on experience
This is a full-time position: for full job particulars please contact Margaret at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel +44 1453 766296.
In order to apply please submit a c.v. and covering letter to: email@example.com.
Applications close on Friday the 7th of September; interviews will be held in the week commencing Monday the 17th of September. We look forward to hearing from you.